Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Severe Thunderstorms

The thunderstorms that we got on June 23  was a line of storms that hit The Midwest Hard.

9 comments:

  1. Were the storms stronger in the east or the midwest? Did they gain momentum as they traveled east, or did they weaken over their course? And why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What were all those weird clouds about on Tuesday night?

    ReplyDelete
  3. we had weird clouds after the storm went by too! i hope the weather is better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in CT and we had some trees that were uprooted during the storms yesterday. Do you know if any tornados were confirmed to have touched down in New England from these storms? What is the difference between a tornado and a microburst?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no there were not. And the difference is that Tornadoes have swirrling winds and a microburst has straight lined winds . Do you like the new england patriots

      Delete
    2. Thank you for answering my questions. Actually, I am a NY Jets fan, so I always root against the Patriots.

      Delete
  5. I am enjoying reading about the weather on your blog! I was wondering if you know why the clouds were such bright colors after the storms went through? I'm not sure I have ever seen clouds that color before, it was pretty but weird.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sky was green and yellow. I have heard that when the sky turns green, there is potential for tornadic activity.

    ReplyDelete